Home Image Map

Monday, December 1, 2014

December Currently

Woo hoo!  It's that time again~connecting with one of my favorite bloggers, Farley, for her monthly Currently link up.

Listening:  If there's anything that can get my kids out of bed on a cold Monday morning after a week of holiday fun, it's white powdered donuts.  They zoomed downstairs and are quietly inhaling them, knowing this only happens once in a blue moon.  

Loving:  Our Elf, Marty (named after shortening out last name of Martinez), broke out of his box early this year.  He brought the kids some DVDs they'd been wishing for, and has been moving around every day since.  Even though my kids are in 5th and 6th grade, they REALLY think he's moving on his own.  I'm loving their great acting skills innocence.

Thinking:  I've been home since mid-October with my broken foot. I'm really missing teaching my students, waiting for the new year to return back to the classroom.  I think of them every single day, hoping they're ok, and knowing they're in good hands.  My sub is a KEEPER!!

Wanting:  Nada, zippo, zilch.  I'm really ok. :)

Needing:  Prayers, specifically for my right foot bones to heal.  I really want good news on my next x-ray on Dec. 9th.  

Giving:  Thanks!  We had such an amazing Meal Train over the last few months.  Have you heard of a Meal Train? It's an online system where people sign up to bring you meals.  We were in such chaos for the first month of my injury--it really saved us.  I can't begin to tell you how loved we felt. 

Happy December, friends!

6 comments:

  1. We have an Elf too! My kids are little, so they aren't so interested in him yet. I can't wait till they are! My son is finally excited about Santa though :).

    I'll be praying for your foot to heal. It's hard to miss the holiday season in the classroom, all three of my maternity leaves were during the holiday months.

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Stephanie! :) There really is something special about being at school for these holiday months--it is hard missing it.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! I have been home for a different reason (newborn) and miss teaching too. Although, I don't have a class at all this year so no specific students to be missing. It's great that you have been able to find help and support!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica~how special for you being home with a wee little one! Enjoy this precious time with her! :)

      Delete
  3. Carol, I'm totally with your kiddos on this one- I LOVE DONUTS! Powdered, cider, glazed… I'm all over it! I'm so sorry to hear about your foot :( I'm sure your kiddos are in great hands, but it's so hard not to think about them. I hope you heal quickly and have a wonderful holiday season!
    Jillian Starr
    {The Starr Spangled Planner}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jillian! I hope you have a wonderful holiday as well!

      Delete