Here are my questions from Roisin:
1. What is one of the most beautiful places you have ever visited? I would have to say that Scotland was the most beautiful, majestic country I've ever seen. Green meadows and hills, sprinkled with distant castles--think Braveheart ...
2. If you could go to three places in the world--one for a week, one for a month, and one for a year--where would you go? For my week, Hawaii would be great! I've been a few times, but definitely would indulge with another week. For my month, I would love to go back to the French Riviera...talk about romantic and luxurious! I backpacked through Europe with my friends after college, and the French Riviera was my favorite. I've always wanted to return with my husband and children. For my year, I'd love to live in Costa Rica. I went to study Spanish in Costa Rica after college, and was amazed at the beauty, culture, safe-feeling, and variety of things to do there. There are beaches, coffee plantations, a giant rainforest, and quaint town squares to meet people. I would love to live there for a year with my family.
3. If you could have one super power, what would it be? I guess the power of invisibility would come in handy. I'm an investigative person (think sleuth) by nature, so this would help me!
4. If you could rewrite the ending of any movie, what would it be? Well, it's the movie that correlates with Charlotte's Web. I cannot handle Charlotte dying.
5. When did you decide you wanted to be a teacher? The decision was made at my birth...it's in my DNA. I come from a family of educators...my mom, dad, sister, aunts, cousins, and grandma were all teachers. I was actually a Psychology major in college (which comes in handy!), but continued on to graduate school to get my teaching credential.
6. What app can yo not live without on your phone? That's a no brainer! Of course, my Teachers Pay Teachers app is my favorite!:)
7. What teaching supply could you not live without? My heart palpitates in the school supply section of any store. I'd say the item I gravitate towards most is a pack of Post it Notes. I use them all.day.long. Now they come in designer styles, like owls and paisley, which puts me over the edge. Don't get me started on the giant Post it Note sized anchor chart paper!!!
8. What got you into blogging? I've enjoyed reading and learning from other people's blogs for years, so I thought I'd give it a try. I am a loose cannon in the talking department, so I thought I'd be a prime candidate for blogging--ha ha!
9. How many years have you been teaching? I'm on my 24th year of teaching. How can that be possible? There's still too much to learn!
10. What advice would you give your 18 year old self? My grandma was my biggest influence in my life. I would tell my 18 year old self to slow down and take more time with her grandma. I'd tell her to listen to her grandma's stories, maybe even write them down.
11 Random Facts About Me:
*My first job was at Baskin Robbins.
*I'm a creature of habit. It drives my husband crazy!
*I'm an animal enthusiast. If I weren't teaching, I'd be working with great apes.
*I've met the Dalai Lama.
*I collect vintage Pyrex and Depression Glass. I brake for estate sales!
*I search for beach glass whenever I'm at a beach.
*Diet Coke makes me happy! If I had chips and salsa to eat with my D.Coke, even better.
*I love my puggle, Nacho.
*I'm a military brat. I'm very rule oriented. :)
*I love childhood nastalgia...toys, memories, photos...
Five new blogs that I'm a fan of (click blog titles to visit their blogs):
* Boogies are for Kids: Who can resist that name? This blog is funny and real. I love the layout.
* Diapers, Dollars, and Diplomas: Again, a fun read. This blogger just happens to be a fellow California blogger. I can't seem to catch her in the California rankings of TpT! :)
* The Watering Hole: This blog makes me LOL...chatty and fun style.
* On the Way to Mrs. Bearfield's Class: Kristy is one talented person. She was very instrumental in helping me get started with my blog. Her clip art and blog are terrific!
* Teaching is a Royal Adventure: Great blog layout/color scheme! I think the use of photos is also very effective in this blog.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been teaching? What grade is your favorite?
2. How do you unwind after a long teaching day?
3. List 5 words to describe yourself.
4. What are your top 3 items on your bucket list?
5. If you weren't a teacher, what other career would you have?
6. Who is someone you'd love to meet?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. Are you a morning or night person?
9. Where is the best place you've ever traveled?
10. What is your favorite season?
11. What is your favorite quote or motto?
Boy, that was one long blog entry today! Thanks again for the nomination, Roisin. I look forward to hearing back from my nominees.