Home Image Map

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Out of This World Open House!

My school hosted our annual Open House last night.  Since I teach 3rd grade, I usually have a space theme to tie into our Science standards.  The kids' Solar System projects were awesome!  Another fun tradition I do is to have the kids bring pants and a long-sleeved shirts in so we can "stuff" them full of newspaper.  We make a space helmet and face, and tape it to a ruler, which gets stuffed in the  neck holes.  It's an oldie, but a goodie tradition for me...and the kids never get tired of it!  Here are some fun pictures of a few of the projects and stuffed bodies.






My other favorite part of Open House is our annual "walk through" the morning after.  We walk all around the school to see the other classrooms.  What creativity we see, spilling out of the rooms...it's super inspirational to be a part of such a school community!  What sorts of themes or traditions do you have for Open House in your classrooms?


No comments:

Post a Comment